There’s just something about the sun and the sand that causes us all to have a care free feeling. We get lost in the sun and fun and somehow we end up falling in love. Nicholas Sparks said it best, “Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons. But when all is said and done, they have one thing in common: They are shooting stars-a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity. And in a flash, they’re gone.” Even though they’re quick, you learn a lot about love.
- All Loves aren’t great loves. I’ve seen it time and time before with my friends and myself, we are hoping the boy will be the one. We get so swept up in finding the one that there is so much pressure on the relationship. Summer romances usually involve one out of towner, the chances of it ending before it really begins is high, but we still fall and we fall hard. Keep that mentality in mind when the boy you thought you’d last forever with leaves you. It’s okay, you’ll survive… Not all loves are meant forever!
- Know your worth. During the summer we all just want to have fun. We don’t take anything too seriously and we don’t let anyone kill our vibe. A summer fling is comparable to a romcom- It’s hot, it’s heavy, and it’s a picture perfect romance. We know that summer is ending soon and we don’t have much time to play games. I mean, personally, I know I even said “if this boy doesn’t kiss me tonight, forget him.” Well, if we can realize our worth and not waste time in the summer, why do we waste so much time the rest of the year? In reality, life is short- forget the boy who makes you cry.
- Time doesn’t measure love or pain. We all think the cast of the bachelor franchise are insane for getting engaged after a short amount of time but as we’ve seen with summer romances, time doesn’t determine your feelings for someone. As the expiration date comes for your summer romance you’re allowed to cry. The point is, always feel what you want! Don’t let a time stamp determine when you should or when you shouldn’t feel something.
- Trust your friends. I am as stubborn as stubborn comes and always believe I know what’s best for me but the truth is, that’s not true. Your friends are seeing things with clear eyes, listen! They aren’t trying to hurt you when they say ‘what’s gonna happen when summer ends?’ Most people want to make their own mistakes in life and in love but sometimes you need to hear what your friends think. They’ll guide you in the right direction if they’re a good friend.
- Never take life too seriously. With a summer fling a lot of things are surface level and I recommend keeping it that way; it saves you in the end. Flirt and flirt a lot! Knowing it’s probably going to end means you don’t need to know about his family, his future, or his past. The mystery makes it all that more fun! In life we often get caught up on the details, a summer fling is perfect to remind us that sometimes they don’t matter.
Summer flings are fun but they also teach us valuable lessons! Next time you meet a cute foreign boy in your beach town, go for it!
*This post was sponsored by Daniel Wellington, all content and opinions expressed are my own. Thanks for supporting local businesses and for supporting those who support ChristinaBeex3.com